Discover CHIANG MAI
What to do in Chiang Mai
We want to show you Chiang Mai, in the most interesting and dynamic way, carefully selecting the best Chiang Mai tours just for you!
We offer different options, because there are many things to do in Chiang Mai: Chiang Mai city tour, Chiang Mai Temple tour, White Temple tour, half day tour, Jungle tour Chiang Mai, Golden Triangle tour, Doi Inthanon tour, being able to customize every detail of your journey!
Prepare your Chiang Mai Tour
Maybe you are wondering… What are the next steps to this Paradise? We want to help you to design your trip to Chiang Mai!
Chiang Mai tour
We have selected the 3 essential tours in Chiang Mai, but remember that our goal is to make a personalized journey!
BEAUTIFUL CHIANG MAI
Chiang Mai is a must-see destination for those who want to experience the spiritual side of Thailand. It is one of the most important centers of Buddhism in Thailand, and is surrounded by lush scenery and is home to more than 300 temples. This is a city and temple tour around Chiang Mai.
Chiang Mai Temple tour and Chiang Mai city tour
- 10:00-10:30: To enjoy this city tour, we have chosen the most curious and typical transportation of Chiang Mai, the Son Theo, guaranteed fun!
- 11:00 am: Wat Phra Sing (“Wat” means Temple). We will arrive at the monks’ lunchtime, an interesting way to get to know their way of life.
- 12:00 am: Wat Chedi Luang. During our temple tour and apart from seeing the impressive chedi at Wat Chedi Luang, we will chat with the Chiang Mai monks. Be careful, they do not always want to talk!
- 1:30 pm: Lunch. We will try local dishes, we recommend you to inform your tour guide if you can eat spicy. Drinks are not included.
- 2:30 pm: Warorot Market. In the heart of the small Chinatown in Chiang Mai, is located this lively and authentic market. Scents, colors and sounds that will not leave you indifferent. On the Ping River you will also visit with your tour guide the Ton Lamyai flower market.
- 4:00 pm: Wat Umong Temple, a prestigious center of meditation. Located outside Chiang Mai and in the foothills of Doi Suthep. It is the perfect journey to get lost for a while and see how the monks live.
- 5:30 pm: Wat Doi Suthep. Located near the top of the mountain, we find the most important temple in northern Thailand. We will admire the ritual performed by the monks to begin meditation.
Multilingual tour guide
DOI INTHANON NATIONAL PARK
Near the sky we find one of the best preserved wonders of Southeast Asia. In this jungle tour through Doi Inthanon National Park we will visit the highest mountain in Thailand. We will take a short walk with your tour guide through this exuberant jungle, until we reach the Vachirathan waterfall. If you prefer to go shopping, you can bargain at the Hmong tribe market, before going to the mountain to learn about the Karen tribe, while enjoying their coffee, a true delicacy in this area! How to get to Doi Inthanon National Park? Contact us and we will help you with all the details.
- 8:30 – 9:00 am: Pick up at the hotel.
- 10:00 am: Arrival to the Doi Inthanon National Park and visit to the Vachirathan waterfall.
- 11:00 am: Visit to the top of the mountain, the highest point of Thailand with 2565 meters. One of the best destinations in South East Asia for lovers of nature, jungle and animals.
- 12:00 pm: Visit to the royal pagoda and its gardens
- 1:00 pm: Local market of the Mhong tribe. This tribe lives in northern Thailand and is one of the largest ethnic groups in Chiang Mai. Time to buy local products.
- 1:30 pm: Lunch
- 2:30 pm: Jungle Treking 1,30-3 h. We will admire waterfalls, jungle and terraces with rice plantation with our local tour guide.
- 4:00 pm: Mae Klang. Visit the village of the Karen tribe where our tour guide lives. We will see their lifestyle and taste fresh coffee. Local people grow here organic Arabica coffee.
- 6:00 pm: Arrival to the Hotel.
Multilingual tour guide
Two days Chiang Mai tour
Day 1: Discover the AKA tribe
8:00 am: Visit the Weng Pa Pao market, where we will buy food that the people of the tribe will cook for us later on. This area of Chiang Mai is full of day and night markets.
The AKA Tribe is an ethnic group who lives is small villages in the mountains of Thailand, Myanmar and Laos.
About 100 km from Chiang Mai we will take a detour in the mountains, where the village of Aka is located. A local girl from the village will be our tour guide.
The AKA tribe comes originally from China. You will be surprised to see two churches in the village. How did these people, coming from China, end up living here in Thailand? These and other questions you can ask to your tour guide.
The village is located between two valleys, near Chiang Rai and Myanmar. This journey is of great beauty. Villagers will welcome us after a visit to the town and cook for us the food that we bought in the market. Afterwards, we will go to our hotel in Chiang Rai, from there you can go to see the night market and enjoy the city.
(There is no fixed arrival time because the tour is private and always depends on the pace and needs of the group, although it is usually around the 18:00.)
Night in hotel: Nak Nakara
Day 2: Golden Triangle and temples of CHIANG MAI.
8:30 am: Expect a new full day tour of experiences: Golden Triangle and the most modern temples in Thailand! Accompanied by your tour guide we will visit the Ban Daam Museum(Black House). This Museum is a very mysterious place where contradictory feelings are experienced, bones and skins of stuffed animals, a place of mystery, mixed with an atmosphere of Vikings.
The Golden Triangle is the area where the borders of Thailand, Myanmar and Laos coincide across the Mekong River.
The Golden Triangle was once a piece of land without law dominated by drug dealers. It was the territory of opium.
One of the true attractiveness of the area is the Mekong River, the 10th longest in the world and the 3rd in Asia.
At the same point is located the huge and disconcerting, as well as popular: “Happy Buddha”.
We continue to the temple of Wat Khao Phra That Doi Phu from where you will get a better view of the Golden Triangle. This is one of those images that people take away as a great memory…
The next stop is the opium house, one of the most interesting museums in Thailand, and a must see. The Museum tells the story of opium in the world and Thailand.
Wat Ron Kung (White temple Chiang Mai): The artist Chalermchai Kositpipat, said that to reach heaven one must walk through hell and arms passing the skull of this White Temple. It has little to do with the rest of Buddhist temples that we can see in Thailand. It started in 1997 and still has no end date. It has become one of the main tourist attractions.
In the afternoon, return to Chiang Mai to rest (about 3 hours).
Our Thailand tours
With them you will discover the exuberant interior of Krabi
Fantastic kayak ride through the mangrove area, swim in natural pools.Spectacular panoramic photographs.
We will visit Tiger Temple, the private thermal baths and the unique Spa botanical garden.
WAT BANG RIANG
We will visit Buddhist temples. We will walk a Long Tail through the mangroves and a stalactite cave.
DISCOVER OUR PROMOTIONS
We have designed our tours and promotions so you can see in a detailed way the beauty of the islands of the Andaman Sea.
Your Thailand tour agency